With an expansive test menu that targets 36 terpenoids, fast turnaround times, and an integrated reporting portal, the SC Labs Terpenoid Testing Solution provides cultivators and processors a reliable tool to make informed decisions about product quality and consistency.
Our advanced testing service features gas chromatography-flame ionized detection (GC-FID) equipment and test methods—offering definitive, quantitative results.
Features and Benefits
- Quantitative analysis targets presence of 36 common terpenoids
- Analysis data meets growing demand from breeders, processors, retailers, and consumers in evaluating quality, flavor, aromo, and effect
- Useful in determining a complete chemical profile, proportions of terpenoids to cannabinoids, organoleptic qualities, and more
- Advanced GC-FID testing method provides definitive test results
- Expert scientists and support representatives available to assist you
- Wide range of reporting and data management solutions to fit your needs; including PhytoFacts, a revolutionary representation of terpenoid and cannabinoid chemistry that allows you to shape your product
Read more about terpenes
Testing and reporting
Why is terpenoid analysis important?
Terpenoid analysis is beneficial for everyone in the supply-chain: cultivators, breeders, manufacturers, distributors, retailers, consumers, and patients. Take a tour of our PhytoFacts® reporting solution to learn how easy it is to make data-driven decisions about cannabis and hemp flowers or concentrates.
Understanding terpenes is essential to help identify the right strain for their desired effect.
Terpene analysis bolsters the understanding of a strain’s potential when recommending varieties that best suit the consumer needs.
Terpene data aids in the ability to selectively modulate the terpene ratios of strains in order to maximize desired benefits.
All flower and concentrate samples tested for both potency and terpenes will receive a PhytoFacts Chemometric Report, which includes valuable data on a sample’s predicted flavor(s), aroma(s), and effect(s).
Our Terpenoid Testing Panel
SC Labs uses gas chromatography with flame ionized detection (GC-FID) to test the following 36 commonly found terpenes.