Test Panel Details
SC LABORATORIES CALIFORNIA, LLC
SC Labs is committed to delivering test services of the highest quality and following industry best practices. As a key component of our quality management system and ISO 17025 accreditation, we routinely inspect the performance of our analytical methods.
Changes to various panels, packages, and in some cases, individual analytes are made to either meet various state testing regulations1 or target additional analytes. Furthermore, some performance audits may prompt us to update various method parameters like limit of detection (LOD), limit of quantitation (LOQ), or measurement uncertainty.
Below are the current analytes, LODs, LOQs, and uncertainty measurement that we offer. Please check this webpage regularly, as updates are made periodically.
What to do next
- Determine applicability of the analyte and measurement changes.
- Review and update pertinent quality specifications to reflect these changes.
If you have any questions, please contact your SC Labs account manager or call (866) 435-0709.
Skip to section
Pesticide and plant growth regulator analysis utilizing high-performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS) or gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS). *GC-MS utilized where indicated.
Residual Solvent analysis utilizing gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GCMS).
Total Butanes = n-Butane + 2-Methylpropane (Isobutane)
Total Pentanes = n-Pentane + 2-Methylbutane (Isopentane) + 2-2-Dimethylpropane (Neopentane)
Total Hexanes = n-Hexane + 2,2-Dimethylbutane (Neohexane) + 2,3-Dimethylbutane / 2-Methylpentane (Isohexane) + 3-Methylpentane
Total Heptanes = 2,2-Dimethylpentane (Neoheptane) + 2,3-Dimethylpentane + 2,4-Dimethylpentane + 3,3-Dimethylpentane + 2,2,3-Trimethylbutane (Triptane) + 2-Methylhexane (Isoheptane) + 3-Methylhexane + 3-Ethylpentane + n-Heptane
Total Xylenes = 1,2-Dimethylbenzene (o-Xylene) + 1,3-Dimethylbenzene (m-Xylene) / 1,4-Dimethylbenzene (p-Xylene) + Ethylbenzene
SC Labs is broadly distributing this information in order to bring it to the attention of users of the affected SC Labs tests. SC Labs recommends that all users determine the suitability of this information to their testing needs in order to take appropriate action. If you have any questions, please contact your SC Labs account manager, call (866) 435-0709, or email email@example.com.
- Data in this document is current as of the date recorded in the header. SC Labs strives to update Action Limits as regulations change, however, Action Limits recorded above may no longer be accurate or applicable in certain jurisdictions if they have been updated or changed subsequent to the publishing of this document. A state regulation database is accessible through the SC Labs Client Service Portal; check the web page regularly as updates are made periodically. SC Labs provides this information as a resource to our customers and cannot guarantee its ongoing accuracy, please verify applicable regulations in your jurisdiction. Users of this information should be aware that legislative, regulatory, and case law developments regularly impact and can change the legal status of cannabis and hemp testing regulations on a state-by-state basis. SC Labs strongly encourages companies marketing cannabis and hemp products to consult with knowledgeable legal advisers regarding appropriate laws that may be relevant for their products.
- LOQ for this analyte exceeds the lowest established Action Limit.
- Analyte does not have a state specific action limit but is part of “Total Pentanes”
- Analyte does not have a state specific action limit but is part of “Total Heptanes”