SC Labs is the largest multi-state laboratory bringing together four of the industry’s most reputable testing labs. SC Labs, founded in 2010, is one of the cannabis industry’s oldest licensed testing labs and the first to develop a national hemp testing panel. The company is licensed and accredited in California, Oregon, and Colorado, and Michigan.
We are seeking to add a full-time Product Manager to our collaborative team, reporting directly to our Chief Innovation Officer.
The Product Manager is a product leader with deep domain experience in understanding the process of requirements gathering, from customers, the market, sales, marketing, and from subject matter experts within the business. The Product Manager is tasked to evaluate the overall market impact of those requirements and set the priorities for the business in delivering new products. New products for SC Laboratories are test methods. Cannabis and Hemp compliance and R&D tests are the services that the company delivers, or in this context, the “products.” The cannabis and hemp markets are dynamic. These markets are impacted by changing regulatory conditions and evolving customer product focus. To ensure SC Laboratories is the market leader in testing services, it is vital that the Company have this role so that R&D is focusing on testing service development that delivers maximum impact.
The selected Product Manager will bring a demonstrated track record of identifying customer and user needs, monitoring the market, and developing competitive analysis, defining a product vision, establishing minimum viable product requirements, developing and prioritizing product features, developing a product roadmap, leading the launch, and servicing of a product.
The ideal candidate will be creative, analytical, and well organized, with a high level of attention to detail. The successful candidate is a strong communicator, highly organized, and able to build and maintain strong relationships both within and outside the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze the market, buyers, trends, industry-specific challenges, and competitors to create strategic positioning that differentiates the Company in the cannabis testing space
- Develop the internal processes to have a mature, actionable, and justified R&D method pipeline
- Be the expert in competition, customer requirements, and collaborating internally with regulatory experts to understand new regulatory testing requirements
- Work closely with R&D, sales leadership, and marketing across all activities
- Collaborate with demand generation teams to execute targeted campaigns that drive pipeline
- Conduct market research, including buyer interviews to inform priorities
- Evaluate the ROI of test methods or “products”
Qualifications & Required Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in a product management
- Demonstrated success managing products
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Preference for experience in the cannabis industry, but it is not a requirement
- Problem solving
- Business acumen
- Strategic thinking
- Drive for results
- Customer focus
- Integrity and trust
Personal Characteristics, Style, and Fit:
- A ‘hands-on’ expert that fosters a low-bureaucracy, high-accountability environment
- Capable and confident in making difficult decisions in a timely manner
- An analytical mindset with a rigorous data-driven approach to decision making
- Passion for the company’s value proposition and the future potential for the company
- Proactive, self motivated, team oriented, and driven
- Ability to work effectively cross functionally with leadership and teams
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
$90K-$125K per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com