SC Labs is the nation’s leading cannabis and hemp testing laboratory with more than 12 years of experience dedicated to helping companies deliver safe products to the emerging marketplace. Through the recent addition of Agricor, Botanancor, and Can-Lab to the SC Labs brand, multi-state operators and international hemp brands now have access to a level of scientific expertise and state-of-the-art resources unmatched in the industry. The company is focused on helping clients navigate complex and changing regulatory requirements while establishing new testing standards and methodologies designed for speed, efficiency, and safety. SC Labs is licensed and accredited in California, Oregon, Colorado, and Michigan with a growth strategy designed to serve quality cannabis and hemp brands across the nation.
We are seeking a full time Laboratory Technician to join the team. This position will be based in Van Nuys, CA.
The Laboratory Technician will assist and support the routine and non-routine day to day operations within the Laboratory. This position will perform sample intake, retention room upkeep, lab preparation, and support the testing within the laboratory and ensure that all responsibilities are conducted based on quality and safety procedures. Must be comfortable working with cannabis/hemp products within a chemical/biological laboratory environment.
- Intake samples and prepare them for sample testing, including labeling, photos of samples and sample organization
- Supports routine and non-routine testing and analyses using the appropriate qualified equipment and materials
- Sample Homogenization
- Performs cleaning procedures of the laboratory as needed or requested by the lab supervisor
- Maintains equipment in proper working order and maintains a clean work environment
- Completes all required training in a timely manner and maintains training on updated policies and procedures
- Practices safe work habits, including complying with all safety, health and environmental rules and regulations
- Help to maintain laboratory inventory and properly labels and stores chemicals and supplies
- Communicates to Supervisor and Lab Management any laboratory testing issues related to health, safety, or testing practices
- Organizes and prepares reagents and other supplies for testing needs
- Attends the required safety trainings and remains current with refresher trainings
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as delegated by the Supervisor or Lab Management
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Education: Minimum-High School Graduate, with some college course work completed; Science degree preferred
- At least 1 year of full-time experience working in a real-world work environment, experience working in an operation lab is desired
- Professional: 1 year (required)
SC Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
$18.50 – $19.62 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Van Nuys, CA 91406: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Van Nuys, CA – on location
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org