SC Labs is the largest multi-state laboratory bringing together the industry’s most reputable testing labs. SC Labs, founded in 2010, is one of the cannabis industry’s oldest licensed testing labs and the first to develop a national hemp testing panel. The company is already licensed and accredited in California, Oregon, Colorado, Michigan, and Arizona and is executing a strategy for aggressive growth into additional states.
We are seeking a full-time Laboratory Technician to join the team. This position will be based in Warren, MI. The Laboratory Technician will assist and support the routine and non-routine day-to-day operations within the Laboratory. This position will perform sample intake, sample destruction, sample preparation, maintenance and calibration checks on laboratory equipment, and support the testing within the laboratory while ensuring that all responsibilities are conducted based on quality and safety procedures.
- Intake samples and prepare them for sample testing, including labeling, weighing, photographing, and organizing samples.
- Supports routine and non-routine testing and analyses using the appropriate qualified equipment and materials.
- Proper use of equipment such as analytical balances, pipettes, sonicators, syringes, etc.
- Sample homogenization.
- Performs cleaning procedures of the laboratory as needed or requested by the lab supervisor.
- Maintains equipment in proper working order and maintains a clean work environment.
- Completes all required training in a timely manner and maintains training on updated policies and procedures.
- Practices safe work habits, including complying with all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations.
- Helps to maintain laboratory inventory and properly labels and stores chemicals and supplies.
- Communicates to Supervisor and Lab Management regarding any laboratory testing issues related to health, safety, or testing practices.
- Organizes and prepares reagents and other supplies for testing needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as delegated by the Supervisor or Lab Management.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Education: Minimum-High School Graduate, with some college coursework completed. Science degree preferred.
- At least 1 year of full-time experience working in a real-world work environment, experience working in an operation lab is desired.
SC Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org