Credit and Collections Manager
Agricor and our sister hemp testing lab, Botanacor, have joined forces with SC Laboratories, Inc. based in Santa Cruz, CA, to provide cannabis and hemp brands with access to the most comprehensive, industry-forward testing solutions in North America.
The combination brings together three of the longest standing and most respected cannabis and hemp testing organizations in the U.S. and forms the foundation of a national testing network. The combination will bring value to both the hemp and cannabis industries, ranging from access to a broader range of testing resources, improved data delivery, innovative science, instrument redundancy and increased testing capacity, and improved operations to accelerate turnaround times.
We are seeking a full time Credit and Collections Manager to join the team.
The Credit and Collections Manager will lead our credit and collections efforts, ensuring that cases are handled appropriately and according to company policy. The Credit and Collections Manger will lead communication with clients who owe money and increase the percentage of successful payments. This position will be tasked to create and implement effective and efficient credit and collections processes.
- Manage and coordinate activities to conduct credit investigations and collect customer accounts.
- Responsible for investigating and verifying financial status and reputation of prospective customers applying for credit, preparing documents to substantiate findings, and recommending approval or rejection of applications.
- Responsible for hands-on collection of receivables from customers.
- Prepare and review collection reports to ascertain status of collections-and aging of balances outstanding to report collections progress >Evaluate, recommend, and take appropriate follow up actions.
- Audit delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectible to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad-debt status to account.
- Evaluate and recommend action for investigation of uncollectible or fraud cases, possible legal action and collection for worthless checks and delinquent bills.
- Compile and analyze statistical data on fraudulent use of credit cards to develop procedures designed to deter or prevent fraudulent use of cards.
- Proactively evaluate processes and make recommendations for enhancements to ensure effective collections and operational efficiency, including an assessment of automation opportunities.
- Collaborate and work closely with both Sales Leadership and Controller to make informed decisions around credit and collections.
- Supervise one or more collections associates.
- Perform other tasks and additional projects assigned by the Controller.
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- Associates degree in finance, accounting or a related field preferred; or equivalent work experience.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in credit and collections; 1-2 years of supervisory/people management.
- Must have strong communications skills; excellent customer service skills; solid knowledge of commercial credit and collection laws; proficiency using Google applications including Drive and Docs; Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications and email, as well as experience with Sage Intacct or other ERP system to document and manage credit and collections.
- Must have the ability to adapt to a varied clientele, ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively, ability to work independently with minimal management guidance, ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be comfortable working in the cannabis testing industry.
- Must be able to work primarily in PT or MT hours.
SC Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
From $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Credit and collections: 3 years (Preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com